The mission of the Board of Advisors is to provide an opportunity for the active participation of KPR supporters who are committed to the continuing development and success of Kansas Public Radio at the University of Kansas. The experience, counsel and input of the Board of Advisors, individually and as a group, contribute to achieving the overall goals of the station.
The Board of Advisors serves KPR through many activities, including:
- Provides expert counsel and advice to assist continuing development of the station;
- Promotes the station at every opportunity;
- Serves as the station’s eyes and ears in the business community and other external constituencies;
- Brings to the Director’s attention matters of concern and/or opportunity for the station;
- Assists in securing additional resources to support the station in pursuit of its mission;
- Identifies and secures appropriate points of contact within the organizations they represent;
- Helps provide leadership through direct financial support and long-term membership
KPR's Current Board of Advisors
- David Beck
- Emily Behrmann
- Dr. Brock Kretsinger
- Bill Kurtis
- Derek Kwan
- Dr. Richard and Barbara Meidinger
- George Norton
- Chris Palmer
- Vickie Randel
- Elizabeth Stevens
KPR's Advisory Board meets three times per year in January, May and September at the KPR station office.
The next meeting is Thursday, May 20, 2021. This meeting will be remote. If you would like to attend the remote advisory board meeting, contact Feloniz Lovato-Winston at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All meetings are open to the public. All persons are allowed to attend any open meeting of the Board of Advisors without requiring, as a condition of attendance, that the person register or provide such person's name or any other information, except as would be reasonably required to maintain a safe meeting environment.
For more information, please contact our Development Director, Feloniz Lovato-Winston, or call 785-864-5968.